There’s a lot of information about writing and publishing on the internet that it can be hard to know where to begin.
This site along has over 100 + free articles and 15+ hours of audio interviews, as well as bonus downloads. This page guides you through the basics, and the top articles on Publishing that will get you where you need faster. Click on the links below to access the information that interests you most.
The publishing world is bursting at the seams with opportunity, with authors finding hundreds of ways to build traditional, self-publishing (indie) and hybrid author careers.
While each person (or indeed each book!) may have a different path, I’m passionate about letting you know your options and the different paths to a successful writing career.
- The Realities Of Publishing
- How Much Money Do Authors Earn? Traditional Vs. Self-Published
- Opportunities Available To Authors
- Will Self-Publishing Ruin My Chances With A Publisher?
If you are able (and truly it is easy) go direct to as many e-book stores as you can. You can upload your e-book files direct to Amazon KDP for Kindle, Kobo Writing Life and Tomely. Then for distribution to all the other major stores go through Smashwords, who distribute to Barnes & Noble, the Apple store and a handful of others. Or if you want to go the easy route you can just use Smashwords to get into all the above stores, however this affects the amount of royalty you will receive.
Below are handy articles and audios to get you started.
- Best Way To Be A Successful Self-Published Author With Dylan White
- Great Cover Design with Kit Foster (Audio)
- How To Write A Blurb
- How To Format For Smashwords with Maureen Flynn
- How To Create Your E-book Files – Epubs and Mobi
- Why You Should Test Your Book Components
- Digital Storytelling in The Future With Mark Lefebvre From Kobo (Audio)
When creating a print version of your book I would recommend Lightning Source, CreateSpace, Lulu or Blurb. There are also many publishing services companies out there whose business it is to help writers self-publishing books. Some of them are great, but many others are scams and will rip you off with high prices, poor quality and contracts you should never sign. Please check out any companies with Writers Beware or Preditors & Editors first before choosing a publishing service.
- Why I Chose To Have Both E-books AND Print Books
- How To Go Print On Demand With Lightning Source + How To Do You Book Cover.
- How To Create Internal Files For Your Print Book.
- Copyright And Contracts For Traditional And Self-Published Authors With Alex Adsett (Audio)
- Digital First Publishing – The New ‘Traditional’ Publishing With Jeffe Kennedy (Audio)
- How To Write A Book Proposal
- How To Create An Audio Book With Bruce Coville (Audio)
Want To Learn More?
- Learn from the E-book Revolution:The Ultimate Guide To E-book Success
- If you would like me to guide you in-depth through independent (self) publishing and book marketing with audio and text materials, click here for the E-book Revolution Interview Series, learn about e-book publishing and marketing from the Pros!
Want The Latest Helpful Advice?
Don’t forget, to get all the latest helpful advice and information on writing, publishing and creating an author platform, join up for the free E-book Revolution Newsletter here. After providing your email and confirming it, you will have access to some amazing extras.
By joining the Newsletter you get access to this free 1hr video session – The 5 Secrets To E-book Success PLUS a worksheet that will lead you through how to create a killer blurb to lure readers into buying your book!
Non E-book Revolution Images (in respective order):