There’s a lot of information about writing and publishing on the internet that it can be hard to know where to begin.
This site along has over 100 + free articles and 15+ hours of audio interviews, as well as bonus downloads. This page guides you through the basics, and the top articles on Writing that will get you where you need faster. Click on the links below to access the information that interests you most.
No matter what genre you are writing in, no matter if it’s fiction or non-fiction, writing a book can change your life.
In this new digital age writing CAN become a sustainable career. But you need to start taking your craft as seriously as you would any job, and learn how to write the best you can.
Below are some key resources on writing that will help you get started, and write better. Most of these articles come from my writing blog The Original Fantasy, don’t forget to check this blog out for dozens more articles on how to improve your writing. Over the course of this year you’ll find more writing blogs appear on E-Book Revolution too!
- How To Release Your Inner Creativity
- Why Writers Should Educate Themselves
- How To Banish Writers Block
- How To Begin Your Story
- How To Increase Your Writing Productivity
- How To Set Realistic Goals
- Want to be a Writer? Give Up The Housework
- Stop Trying To Be [Insert Famous Author Here]
I have written four fiction books and three non-fiction in the ten years I’ve been writing (though I’ve only published three), and across about that many genres too! Each book is a different beast, some pour out and others take their sweet time in making it to the page. There is no wrong or right way to write a book, but by constantly learning about the craft you can start to streamline your creative process.
- How To Self-Edit
- Add A Word Or Take A Word? Editing
- You’ve Finished Your First Draft? Time To Get A Beta Reader
- How To Write An Amazing First Line
- Debunking Plot Myths With Jordan Rosenfield
- Why Conflict And Thinking Like A Child Make The Best Stories
- Show Don’t Tell – It’s Funnier That Way
- How To Write Flashbacks – Should Your Character Remember Or Relive?
- How To Deepen Your Story So It Says Something Meaningful
- How To Write Great Description
- Why Persistance Is Key To Writing With Action/Fantasy Writer Myke Cole (Audio)
- Why Fan Fiction Is A Great Way To Learn Writing With Mindy Klasky (Audio)
- How To Push Away Distraction With Fantasy Author James Alan Gardner (Audio)
- How Having A Writing Partner Keeps You Accountable With Elaine Isaak (Audio)
- How Hanging With Pro Writers Lifts Your Game With Ian Trigellis (Audio)
- The Difference Between Being An Editor And Being A Writer With Laura Anne Gilman (Audio)
- How To Avoid Procrastination With David Anthony Durham (Audio)
Want To Learn More?
- If you want more help with writing a novel, check out these great, work at your own pace, online courses from The Australian Writer’s Marketplace.
Want The Latest Helpful Advice?
Don’t forget, to get all the latest helpful advice and information on writing, publishing and creating an author platform, join up for the free E-book Revolution Newsletter here. After providing your email and confirming it, you will have access to some amazing extras.
By joining the Newsletter you get access to this free 1hr video session – The 5 Secrets To E-book Success PLUS a worksheet that will lead you through how to create a killer blurb to lure readers into buying your book!
Non E-book Revolution Images (in respective order): Creative Commons by Joel Montes de Oca; Creative Commons by David Turnbull; Creative Commons created By JohnONolan; Creative Commons by William Arthur; Creative Commons created by Virginia Hammer.